Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Animazement! 2011!

One of my favorite local conventions here in Raleigh is Animazement, which was just this weekend!
Animazement Friday, 2011: Black Butler Costume Group
Black Butler Cosplay Group - My Ciel costume is one of my faves! (Friday)

This year was the first year I reprised an old role at the same con (Ciel Phantomhive - but I had a new costume), AND the first time I'd made a huge part of my costume (sewing my Eruka Frog dress). Exciting! People were still excited about Black Butler, but they were *mostly* excited about the fact that we had a Tanaka. Ciel Phantomhive costumes are pretty common, but having a collection of most of the servants AND a male Sebastian - still pretty exciting for people. Michelle just started calling us "Tanaka and the Pips."

Animazement 2011 Saturday: Soul Eater Group
Soul Eater Costume Group (Saturday)
I'm not sure what it is about conventions, maybe it's just knowing you're surrounded by other geeks, or maybe it's having your picture taken and taking pictures, wearing costumes and checking out everyone else's ... I don't know what it is, but it's SO FUN.

Highlights include Stormtroopers dancing to Lady Gaga at the Saturday dance, watching Nick's face during the KuroPop panel, getting free photoshoots with Frost Photography - AND my friends Ruth, Alan and Stephanie won the Face-Off challenge - WINNING PICTURE!
Animazement 2011 Saturday: Face-Off Winning Team
Face-Off like the show! With a random bag of supplies they had an hour to do that. Awesome!

Other favorite costumes (in order): Ron Weasley (Very Potter Musical), Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony), Yotsuba & Cardbo (Yotsuba), and adorable Star Wars family and King Boomy (Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Animazement 2011 Saturday: Steampunk & Ron Weasley (Very Potter Musical)Animazement 2011 Saturday: Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Animazement 2011 Saturday: Yotsuba!Animazement 2011 Friday: Cardbo!

Animazement 2011 Saturday: Star Wars familyAnimazement 2011 Friday: King Boomy (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Well, I think I've finally recovered from the convention. Now to get back to making non-convention related stuff - like jewelry and quilts and whatever else!

No comments: