Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Boxy Bag (with a link to Tutorial)

Boxy Pouch!  With Skulls & Stars
I found this adorable boxy bag tutorial yesterday! I had this fabric that is perfect for my friend Michelle, but I didn't know what to do with it, exactly. I only had approximately one fat quarter, and I was tired of making drawstring bags, or the usual zippered pouches.

Googling about, I turned up this gem of a tutorial for little boxy bags by three bears. The end product is pretty small, about 4.5" x 3" x 2", so it's perfect for small things, or perhaps notes about how someone's birthday present hasn't come in the mail yet.
Boxy Pouch!  Sideview

I really like the instructions on how they handled the zipper, and it makes it go even faster since it's unlined (it's so small that it doesn't need it).

I also found a great tutorial for making a cute bag out of tshirts (of which I still have a pile, if you don't remember) so I think I'm going to try that next!

3 comments:

naiadkitty said...

I love the bag! That is not the tutorial that I found, but I think it is clearer. Thank you! (For both the wonderful bag, and the tutorial!)

Leah Riley said...

Hey! Any time! I have a lot of small zippers to use up!

nck said...

That bag is adorable. What a great gift.