Monday, May 9, 2011

200th Post! Steampunk Jewelry!

Yay! I've made it to 200 posts! I'm kind of proud of myself because I wasn't entirely sure how well I would keep up with this blog, but it's fun to take pictures and share them, and I am pretty much constantly making *stuff*, so here's hoping for another 200 to rapidly follow!

I've been working on some new jewelry recently (besides the Game of Thrones inspired stuff). Here's what I've been working on:
Stardust Necklace - Work in Progress
Moon in a Dewdrop - Work in Progress
Tesla Necklace - Finished?
Time Curls Around Me Like a Coccoon - Work in Progress
This Too Shall Pass - Work in Progress


I'd been holding onto all these pieces of jewelry that I've been scared to use in case I didn't use them the "perfect" way, or complete a project with them that really held up to the idea/picture I had in my head. I've finally learned to combat this type of thinking in two ways:

1) Each time I make something, I learn something
Nothing is perfect, and even if the end product isn't anywhere near what I wanted
2) I am not using the very last (sparkly star pendant, mother of pearl bird) in existence
Just go for it. You can probably find another one online somewhere
Mostly, I tell myself to relax and have fun. Working on it!

3 comments:

naiadkitty said...

Those are all gorgeous pieces! It was worth it, even if it *is* the last item in existence! Now you can show it off!

Leah Riley said...

Thanks so much for the sweet words birthdaylady! It's so hard to use things up! Thank goodness for etsy and the internet, now i can be like "Well, if I screw it up, I can just buy another one!"'

Rochel Faltus said...

Ooh... that looks nice! The steampunk style does seem fitting for jewelry. Add in some Victorian-era fashion to the mix and you'll be set with a gorgeous look.

Rochel Faltus