Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Valar Morghulis Bracelet - v 2.0!

Valar Morghulis Bracelet - Song of Ice and Fire - Arya Stark - Game of Thrones
I am finally adding things to my Etsy shop again! Here's my Valar Morghulis bracelet (well, the second version of it). I really love how it came together. It's based on the storyline of Arya Stark from George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones / Song of Ice and Fire series.

I just started reading them a few months ago and Arya is by far my favorite character. Part of the inspiration for this bracelet is based on what happens in books two and three (Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords) and it's a bit spoilery, so I guess I can't post about it? Maybe I'll add that on to the end of this entry under a SPOILER headline.

Anyway, I've been very inspired by the series, and I've made lots of jewelry and I can't wait to put it all online. I hope other people like it too. Even if they don't, I think leather bracelets with skulls and foreign coins are super cool anyway. More jewelry in the near future!
Oh, and here's a link to my shop so you can keep an eye on it if you want:
Futuregirl Leah Riley's Etsy Shop

SPOILER DESCRIPTION! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THROUGH BOOK THREE OK?!?
Okay, so the strands represent the people left in Arya's "prayer" wherein she lists all the people that she wish would die, and the four skulls represent the four of those that she has killed - two through an assassin, one in a swordfight, and the Hound she left to die (so I assume he's dead) - so that's what the number of strands and skulls represent! Also, the coin is from when she gets the coin and phrase "Valar Morghulis" in order to get passage to Braavos.

END SPOILERS!