Monday, October 19, 2009

Vampire Weekend (not the band!)

Bela Lugosi Army
My Bela Lugosi Army

The first of many October costume events happened over the weekend. It was a vampire party, and Will and I decided to go old school - he as Bela Lugosi, and me as Elizabeth Bathory:

Bathory LeahShe Preferred to be Called Elly

I made a drink garland starring various vampires for the party, as well as finished Nick's present-vest (pictures coming soon of both of those) which meant I didn't have time to make Bathory's ridiculously HUGE collar.

I also made up a song about Elizabeth Bathory
(based on The Ramones' "Teenage Lobotomy"):
Bathory! Bathory! Bathory! Bathory!
The Count did a job on me
Now I am a real sickie
Guess I'll have to break the news
That I got no mind to lose
All the girls are so bloody
I'm Elizabeth Bathory!


There are more costume parties to come in October! And a visit to New Orleans/Mobile! I'm excited!

No comments: