Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ambush Bug Mask - Costuming & Sewing - Finished!

Ambush Bug Mask: Finished!
Ambush Bug Mask: Finished!

Here the mask is modeled on the glass head that I have. To see more pictures of the process, click on the image!

I think it turned out pretty good considering I'd never:
- sewn spandex
- sewn thick trim
- made a mask

The mouth still needs to be cut open, but I wasn't sure how far to cut it, so I'll wait till Stuart tries it out.

I used this online tutorial about making a spandex mask with a collar. It's a little confusing, but it totally works out! Also, FREE!

Other key elements (from Jared Axelrod):
- 1" seam allowance
- zig-zag plus straight stitch

Hooray! Now back to work on my Omega Pin, as well as drawing some lumberjacks (for a soon-to-be-announced project).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

FRANTIC SQUEE-ING!!!

(unconsciousness)

Leah Riley said...

And I was worried you wouldn't like it! Shucks!