Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Etsy Shop Update: Bookplates!

Plus 5 to Book Owner Identification (set of 10)
Plus 5 to Book Owner Identification (set of 10 bookplates)
I typed "bookplates" with an exclamation mark at the end in the title. I may have a problem. A book problem.

I dug out my Xyron a few weeks ago and decided to come up with some awesome project ideas for it. Inspiration struck one night after a D&D session. The description for the "Plus 5..." bookplates pretty much says it all - we all have books that look exactly the same, and (as I'm kind of protective of my books) I want to make sure I'm bringing home MY book.

That's when I decided to make some geeky bookplates. I really love the old dragons design, but I'm not sure it's over-the-top geeky. I guess you have to start somewhere, and having product shots with your dice (and jawa) in them is not a bad place to begin.

Olde Curse Bookplates (set of 10)Olde Curse Bookplates

I also started thinking about the bookplates I read about awhile ago (my sister gave me a book on bookplates a few years ago, and I love it). The ones where the owner of the book actually cursed a book thief. I had to make some of those too!


So, there we go! You can check out more pictures of the bookplates my etsy shop (including the envelopes I sewed out of Trader Joe bags.)

Oh, and of course there are steampunk bookplates, too.

No comments: