Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dungeons & Dragons - Party Drawings

D&D Party Drawing: Color
My Interpretation of Our D&D Party
(click on the picture for way more details)


Recently I've been getting into Dungeons & Dragons, because everyone is completely smitten with 4th edition. So smitten that it didn't seem like too big a hassle to pull me into a few games, even though I've never played before.

I'm slowly getting the hang of things, but in the heat of battle I'm still a little iffy about which dice to roll. I also forget that I have to decide what I'm using *before* dice-rolling. Sometimes I get excited, jump around, and just roll a few dice for no apparent reason.

I think my favorite part is making the DM* describe all the enemies, and making all the other players describe their characters. (Okay, really my favorite part is one-shot killing with a shuriken, but descriptions are pretty high up there.)

For instance, bugbears are not cute things that look like this:
D&D Sketch: BugbearTHIS IS NOT WHAT BUGBEARS LOOK LIKE

This is the first image that came to mind for me, some sort of Rainbow Brite friend. Good thing they actually look like this, otherwise I would have a hard time killing them.

I really enjoy doing sketches during the game also (if I have time). It's interesting to work on things in the fantasy realm, but attempt to keep them simple. Or just make all the scary dungeon monsters ridiculously cute. There are a few more sketches on flickr if you're interested.

*Dungeon Master

No comments: