Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Dye Job: Pink to Purple Dress

Dyeing This Dress Purple: Before & After

Well, the first dye job has been done, and I'm having mixed feelings about it. The dye was Dylon's "Intense Violet", and the material was actually a cotton/polyester/spandex blend, so I wasn't entirely sure how things were going to come out.

I'm going to have to see if this grows on me. Mixing colors scares me sometimes - It seems like it takes more fashion bravery than I'm equipped with. I'm thinking of over-dyeing it with another rosey type color.
Lessons learned this round:
- More dye means more intense - if I want it richer, use two packets
- You can dye things in an all white kitchen without ruining anything!

Let's see, what am I going to dye today? Probably a shirt (since all of the bleaching materials aren't here yet). Bleaching will have to be later this week!

2 comments:

Mama Up! said...

I absolutely love it! And I'm not a color mixer, or I'm trying to be, but it's slow going. I say, brave it!

Leah Riley said...

I am lame, I did not brave it as much as I just over-dyed it with what my friends refer to as "that Leah color" (which is wine).