Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrift Store Finds: Fantasy Edition

Even though my studio is in disarray, and I'm lamenting how much stuff I own, I *still* go out to thrift stores and comb them for interesting things! That's just how I roll. Thriftily.

Here are two things I've found in thrift stores, each of them cost FIVE DOLLARS. Insane!

First off, here's my Dungeon Master cloak (Goodwill, Cary, NC - $5):
OMG CLOAK

I have this idea for a D&D one-shot I've been meaning to run for over a year now, and now that I have this cloak, it's something I have to do!

Secondly, a Unicorn (Cause for Paws, Raleigh, NC, - $5):
The Thrifty Unicorn

I'm still situated almost entirely in a box-filled studio, so I better get to work on that, but how could I resist showing you that unicorn this morning? (It may still be there, I just saw it less than a week ago!)

2 comments:

Mama Up! said...

That unicorn would look so rad painted. I'm jealous! If I found it, I'd paint it white for the P.'s room. But I think orange or mustard would be boss, too.

Leah Riley said...

I have *so much* art for the walls, more than twice the wallspace I have at my new place with Nick. I think I still wish I would have bought it though. A white paint job would RULE! Very Shabby Chic-icorn!