Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sick Days & Weekend Update - Die Zauberflöte

The Magic Flute / Die Zauberflöte
Scene from The Magic Flute on the Silver Screen at Meredith College - yes the child in the bunny suit is supposed to be there.
I got sick over the weekend, so pretty much all I did was go to Nick's production of Mozart's The Magic Flute (Die Zauberflöte), watch television, and rest.

I found the opera very nice - so nice I went and saw it twice! It was also free, so there's that. Nick did a great job in the chorus, and I'm pretty sure I could hear him even when they were chorusing off-stage.

The Magic Flute / Die Zauberflöte
I think my favorite character was Papageno, the everyman, seen here with Nick looking like he's about to murder him. Not only is the character itself written well, but the actor was an amazing actor and singer. He ate so much bread and drink so much "wine" during the production, which I also found impressive. I don't know why.

Soon there will be other updates, I'm just trying to keep things in order, and the weekend happened forever ago! Up next is my TARDIS costume work!

No comments: