Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Geekery - Quidditch Match!

Ever since I saw this CBS report on college's Muggle Quidditch teams, I'd been freakin' thrilled and hoping that I'd get to go to a game.

Fortunately, it turns out that several of the local colleges have teams, and I found out from my most Potterverse of friends, the Vaughns, that there was a match coming up.
Quidditch Match: NCSU vs. ASU - Action Shot!

Nick and I Ravenclaw'd up and went to check it out with a couple of our friends, and it definitely delivered on entertainment. The NCSU and ASU players both seemed in good condition, but NCSU had the homefield advantage and a bit more experience on their side as they won all three matches.
Quidditch Match: NCSU vs. ASU - At the goal hoops

I'm not entirely sure how to find a Quidditch team in your area - in fact, the way I discovered the NCSU team was an article about them - Quidditch Catches on Triangle Like Magic - but I definitely recommend going to a game, possibly in costume. As for me, I'm going to try and keep tabs on the local teams to hit a couple of a matches, since the weather is turning spectacular!

And the friends that helped me find the local match? They're none other than a Wizard Rock Band, the Blibbering Humdingers! Scott and Kirsten even performed a half-time show at the match! It was like a mini-Harry Potter convention in an afternoon.
Here's a link to the Blibbering Humdingers facebook page, you should definitely check them out (even if Scott is a Slytherin).

Catch ya later, Muggles!

No comments: