Monday, August 30, 2010

Lazy Daze & Clockwork Ball

Over the weekend, I went to one thing after another, so here's what's up:

Lazy Daze in Cary:
So Lazy Daze is a giganto craft fair here in downtown Cary and it's always super-packed with tons of awesome stuff. Here's a few pictures from Saturday when I was there:
Lazy Daze in Cary: Possum Silhouette
Possums! Why do I love Possums so much?

Lazy Daze in Cary: Wrap Skirts!
Wrap Skirts - I totally want to make some wrap skirts now!

Next up - The Clockwork Ball:
Steampunk costumes! Hooray! I don't know why, but I have this self-imposed "No Repeat Outfits" rule about the Clockwork Ball, which means that I'm actually having to come up with interesting outfits now, instead of JUST having a color and black black black (which is my default outfit style.)

Chris Florio was there and took some amazing photos - here's the one of me:
The Clockwork Ball - 8/28/2010

I know, you can't see the color
But you can see the colors of my outfit here:
Steampunk Outfit Tryout Side
I didn't wear those socks, obviously, but I think they kind of look cute with the outfit too

When I wasn't out doing stuff, I stayed in and relaxed a lot because I thought it would be nice to have a calm weekend before Thursday, when I leave early in the morning for Dragon*Con! Woo!

I have so many outfits/costumes lined up for Dragon*Con, I have no idea if I'll be able to pack/wear them all! We'll just have to see!

No comments: