Monday, February 11, 2008

What-The-Hell Con Redux

Man, What the Hell? Con was really fun this year (again). I have 8 million pictures, so I'll just post a few of my favorites:
The Guild of Justice-Minded Citizenry
Steampunk JLA - The Guild of Justice-Minded Citizenry
L - R: Zatanna (Annie), Supergirl (Michelle), Flash (Nick), Nightwing (Mike), PowerGirl (Alison), Superman (Jared, Sandman (Matt), Batgirl (umm, me), and Green Arrow (Jason)

One of my favorite things about WthCon is that it's so laid back I have plenty of time for my favorite con activity - hanging out with my friends. Maybe dressed in costumes. I would almost always recommend costumes/cosplaying as a group though, there's much more of an impact (and you can't feel silly is EVERYONE is doing it, right?).

We are dressed in black!

Spats!


WthCon - Geek AuctionDraco & Harry in the Geek Auction

The con was really fun, but is showing some growing pains in scheduling and capacity handling. The geek auction had so many participants that it lasted three hours. Adding an auctioneer speeded things along, but unfortunately took out the best part - the crowd/geek interaction.

Nick and Will didn't get to finish their entire schtick, and I feel sorry for the girls in the audience for that, more than any of the other auction difficulties.


As always, representing our webcomic Willrad in the Artist's Alley was hilarious for me and Will, as we are self-entertaining (see also, moustache pictures). The con treats artists like they are made of gold, something that warms us all deep down into the cockles of our little hearts.

No comments: